Discover the local agricultural life - More than just food
We carefully designed this tour for those who wish to see Crete through the eyes of a local family!The journey begins with an engaging walking tour in our family’s olive groves and greenhouses. Discover the secrets of olive cultivation, the meticulous process of harvesting, and the art of producing the finest extra virgin olive oil.
Explore how locals cultivate greenhouses, learn about the variety of vegetables and fruits grown, and understand why these local products hold significance not only for local markets but also for the metropolitan markets of Greece. We are eager to share this information and more with you!
The walking tour concludes in an outdoor space beneath a beautiful wooden roof, surrounded by olive trees on one side and a lush garden on the other. There, we’ll have the pleasure of meeting my lovely mother, Mama Stela, and savoring authentic Cretan food prepared by her! Of course, the Cretan spirit, Raki, is an integral part of our meal! You might even get the chance to meet more members of my family.
A standout moment during the food tour is witnessing my mom demonstrate the crafting of Cretan cheese, followed by the delightful experience of tasting it!
The entire event will last approximately 2.5 hours. Our sincere desire is for you to become a part of our world and immerse yourself in the authentic way of Cretan living!
- Guided tour in our family’s olive groves
- Guided tour in our family’s greenhouses
- Traditional picnic with lots of local, handmade meze & raki
- Demonstration of how we make authentic Cretan cheese
- Taste of fresh Cretan mizithra
- Local handmade refreshments and water during our picnic
- Guidance of an english-speaking local expert
- Price includes all taxes, VAT & booking fees
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Please let us know of any dietary requirements or food allergies at the time of booking and we will prepare all the necessary changes in your menu
- We are going to walk into olive groves and fields, so it may be more comfortable for you to wear shoes instead of sandals or flip-flops
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
- You can present either the receipt from your deposit or your electronic voucher for this activity
- The minimum number of participants for this tour is 2 persons
- We can accept different bookings until the minimum number of participants is reached. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the event may be cancelled.
Participation: From 30€ /person
- If you cancel your booking at least 48 hours before the event, you will be fully refunded. Cancellations less than 48 hours before the event will not be refunded.
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached (2 persons) we are going to notify you at least 24 hours before the event takes place. In this case we can either reschedule or proceed to a full refund.
Just bring your smiley attitude. Cheers!