Discover the local agricultural life - More than just food
A wonderful opportunity to see & learn about local life through the eyes of a local family. We will start with an interesting walking tour in our family’s olive groves and greenhouses. How do locals cultivate and harvest the olive trees and what is the procedure followed in order to make the best quality of olive oil (the extra virgin olive oil!). How and when do locals cultivate greenhouses, what kind of vegetables or fruits are cultivated and why local products are so important not only for local markets but also for the markets of the metropolitan Greece? This information and even more we would love to share with you! Our walking tour will end up under the shadow of a big olive tree, having a tasty picnic with a lot of local, handmade meze and raki! In the picnic area, we will meet my mother and my grandmother! The highlight of our experience will be that they will show us how they make Cretan cheese and we will enjoy fresh cretan mizithra! The whole event will last approximately 2.5 hours. Our aim is to guide you in our way of life through smells,tastes and feelings!Join, discover, enjoy! Cheers!
- Guided tour in our family’s olive groves
- Guided tour in our family’s greenhouses
- Traditional picnic with lots of local, handmade meze & raki
- Demonstration of how we make authentic Cretan cheese
- Taste of fresh Cretan mizithra
- Local handmade refreshments and water during our picnic
- Guidance of an english-speaking local expert
- Price includes all taxes, VAT & booking fees
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Please let us know of any dietary requirements or food allergies at the time of booking and we will prepare all the necessary changes in your menu
- We are going to walk into olive groves and fields, so it may be more comfortable for you to wear shoes instead of sandals or flip-flops
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
- You can present either the receipt from your deposit or your electronic voucher for this activity
- The minimum number of participants for this tour is 2 persons
- We can accept different bookings until the minimum number of participants is reached. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the event may be cancelled.
Participation: From 30€ /person
- If you cancel your booking at least 24 hours before the event, you will be fully refunded. Cancellations less than 24 hours before the event will not be refunded.
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached (2 persons) we are going to notify you at least 24 hours before the event takes place. In this case we can either reschedule or proceed to a full refund.
Just bring your smiley attitude. Cheers!